Thursday, July 06, 2006

Found another person with Toshiba problems

Not the same problem I am having, but problems none the less. The guy has a Toshiba Qosmio G15 with a bad fan and an onsite warranty. But guess what? Toshiba won't honor the onsite warranty and is forcing him to send in the notebook for repair anyway... this after a long history of problems with his notebook including the motherboard being replaced and his power cord bursting into flames.

You can read more at his blog, Minutes 2 Midnight.

He has a nice letter he is sending to Toshiba and a threat to report this all to the BBB. Too bad that Toshiba has 405 ignored complaints, 5 more than when I started blogging my problems on June 30th.

1 Comments:

Blogger Midnight Oil said...

Hi Spybyscript,

Thanks for the link to my site. I've updated my original post to point to yours, as well. I hope you have success as you try to extract your tablet PC from Repair Purgatory. It is extremely annoying that Toshiba has ignored such a large number of BBB complaints. But fortunately, there is one thing that no company can ignore: Lots of negative publicity. If enough people find out about a customer problem (as in this example)
something will get done.

So, here's to the blogosphere and to the publicity that it has the potential to generate. Good Luck!!

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home